Tuesday, August 23, 2011

STOP... it's shower time!! -Ryan

Such a great weekend, what can I say? All three F's showed up; Fun, Family, and Friends. We had a blast! Star and Micey always brings the entertainment and we had guests from all around come and stay with us. Two of our fellow bloggers Lance and Jake (and their beautiful families) also happened to make it out as well!

The night before the shower we all trickled down to The Princess Theater here in town to watch the boys play. There were about 13 of us in our party and I live just a few blocks away, so it made for a nice walk. We positioned ourselves right in front of the speakers. This made it great for watching, but was terribly loud and not so good for catching up with old friends. After the first intermission, I was very surprised when the band asked me up on stage to play a silly song I wrote. My Mom snatched this photo on her phone.

Due to the noise and a need to get sleeping arrangements in order, we had to leave a bit early. Soon after, our guests came filing in one after another crashing in their designated spots. A few members held strong and (in true Mississippi fashion) hung out on the front porch until the wee morning hours.

The next morning we were up early, making breakfast, and ready to get our shower on! Katherine has three really great friends who all stepped in an made it happen (from left: Melissa, Katherine, Katie, and Lee). I wish I was more prepared with my camera, I didn't get any shots of the decorations, food, or even people for that matter. I spent most of my time battling the great flames spewing forth out of my grill... I could seriously do a whole post on the dangers of that grill. I even missed out of some of the gift unwrapping trying to smash out a few last                                                                                                   remaining flaming burgers.


As I sat and watched Katherine open up the gifts, I had another one of those "this is so weird" moments. We appreciate everyone who came out, and trust me when I say we can use all the help we can get,  but the ritual of opening baby gifts in front of your friends and family is weird. I know Katherine had to feel awkward having people stare at her, but imagine being the guy being stared at, staring at his wife... that was me.
             A town celebrity, "Mother Goose" admittedly crashed our  party, busting in half way through the unwrapping process. I'm not complaining, she is always welcome and added a entertaining intermission. If you ever get a chance to partake in any event in Columbus, Ms., you will be sure to see (and hear) her.






After the unwrapping, we set up a pinata for some of the kids, I thought it would be nice to share a few of the photos. Some of them turned out to be really nice.

It is almost overwhelming to have so many good people come together to help us out. I always get a little sentimental after an event like this. It is nice to feel loved, and Molly will be very loved.






No comments:

Post a Comment