Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Art of Juggling. -Lance

Having two children, relatively close in age, can be a hand full at times but just keep your cool and remember to juggle.  Today, for instance, I just sat down after being up since 6 am this morning.  First, my son wakes me up..."Daddy, I want a waffle.".  No problem, waffles are my speciality that early in the morning.  "Here's your waffle, son."  "WAAAAAAA!" "Oh I guess  your sister's awake now."  Now here is where the equation gets a little trickier:
Step 1:  Stop the crying girl (Thank God for my wife, she is awesome with our kids)
Step 2:  Change the diaper  (Wait a minute, you left the diapers, upstairs!!!)
Step 3:  Go upstairs
Step 4:  Change the diaper  ( I should have all the proper tools to do so now.)
"I'm done with my waffle, Daddy.  I want to watch Spiderman."
Ok.  Grab little girl.  Turn on Spiderman. Get son settled.
"I gotta pee pee, Daddy."
"Ok, go pee pee."
Now you have an open window to get your daughter's breakfast ready.  Ok, I'm thinking I got maybe 2 minutes.
"Daddy, I can't put my underwear on!!!"  (In a high pitched banshee tone)
Damn.
And to top it all off, it's only 6:45.  It's going to be a loooonnnnggg day.

Regardless of the ups and downs, me or my wife go through each day, these kids are great.  They are my heart and soul, and every once in a while, I will lose it and get extremely overwhelmed, but hell, I'm human.

No comments:

Post a Comment