Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pee Pee Teepee




I've been shopping a couple of times with my expecting wife at Maternity Motherhood.
This place has nothing to do with dads, or does it?  I think you fellas will dig this.  Upon the final decision on what wonderful styles of clothes to purchase, my wife proceeds to nudge me out of my iPhone induced zone(the usual, checking sports scores, words with friends, and facebook).  We head to the register, where, again, she nudges me.  I'm not angry about this, just a little put off, I mean I know she can handle the clerk and transaction by herself, she's a pro at shopping.  I get the nudge all the same.  Then she points toward the impulse buy rack right next to the register, you know the rack, at most places it's filled with candy and gift cards and things of that ilk, but here at Maternity Motherhood they have nice little books about moms and daughters and dads and sons.  Then I realized what she wanted me to see: The pee pee teepee (I know it's spelled tepee, that's what the package reads)


We've got little rockers!


That's right, a mini teepee to cover your boys wangdoodle(that's another one, wangdoodle wigwam) to protect from the errant stream of pee that I've heard so many stories about.  These little cone-shaped pieces of felt (I'm guessing) are used during diaper changes.  We've all seen the diaper commercial where dad goes in and lays his son down on the pad on the bed and removes his diaper only to find his son is still fully loaded and blasting all over the walls.  It's a little over the top and shows that diaper is supposed to absorb so much more than it's competitors, I'm not even sure which company it is, I might need to look into that.  Knowing that it was over the top, and that, even though as fathers, we dream our sons could display such ferocious abilities(we would proudly beam, and say he gets it from me) I'm sure we're talking about a lot less power.  Which would make theses teepees very practical.  They come in all colors and designs:



Animals are always fun! Especially monkeys!
There are tons more, google them, or click here.

Now I realize that many of you might have already heard of these brilliant and practical doodads.  Yeah, I just called 'em doodads. But, for myself this was brand new.  I must say I had a healthy chuckle about them, and I also I have to say I was intrigued.  I've not been around a lot of baby boys, but this just seems like something that would create more buzz.  If you haven't checked out the link above, then you don't know how big the market is for these tallywhacker tents(I'm having fun coming up with different things to call them as well).  If this is your first encounter with pee pee teepees, then I'm glad I could show you something that I think all of us could appreciate and smile at. 

I just got a new design idea sitting here. You could make them look like little socks(which would probably work just as well) and put RHCP on them.  For those that don't know that's short for Red Hot Chili Peppers, a band that was known in their early days to perform on stage wearing only gym socks on their baby makers. 

I hope this has been informative and helpful.  I'll be sure to purchase some before Ethan makes his arrival so we can test and grade them. 

1 comment:

  1. OH Jacob! You are too funny! But fyi, I just used an old cloth diaper on you and Rudy, worked really well, but I sure wish I had invented these little doodads.

    ReplyDelete